Monday, October 18, 2010

How much some things mean to me.

Why am I so aggressive when it comes to photography?
Why am I willing to play as nasty as I can to get what I want?
Why am I telling you this?

Well with the recent events of people going behind my back and playing nice to get what they want I've decided it's time to make something clear.

Nothing ever came to me falling from the sky. I've worked hard to get what I have. Maybe being born and raised inside the music/art/press industry has given me some advantages compared to most others. Some apparently think that therefor I don't appreciate what I have enough or that I don't need to work hard for it, just like anyone else.

That's not true, me being who I am and being born inside only means I have to work at least twice as hard as most others to prove I'm good enough to be where I am.

While I can be friends with other photographer outside of the barriers and 3 song rules at concerts and while I can control my ego when it comes to my personal project. And I'll (most of the time) will gladly go out of my way to help a friend or colleague with their projects or even recommend them to someone I know in case I think their suited for the job.
I DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT APPRECIATE PEOPLE GOING BEHIND MY BACK TO GET THINGS I'VE WORKED HARD FOR DURING YEARS TO ACCOMPLISH!

As Todd Owyoung once said, “As soon as the light go off, I wanna destroy you”. That applies to my way of thinking. We can be friends outside of the industry but when it comes to work. I will make everything I can to bet you at everything.

Sounds too aggressive? Well fear me not, most photographer thinks this way, some are just too good at hiding in under a sheep's skin.

Where am I trying to get with this?
Dear photographers, art, industry friends, are you reading this then please remember. It's nothing personal. There's just things I'm not that willing to share or that I'm more protective of. I don't think that people who don't work hard for things should have them.
Now that raises the question of why I'm not willing to share it. Quite simple. You know that everybody has one thing or person or something that keeps their sanity at a accepted level right?
Photography (mostly music) is what keeps mine in place. Being there and not having to concentrate or think about anything else for those 3 songs is all I ever wanted. To be able to shut down everything else in my head and only focus on what I'm shooting.
While my personal photo projects are much more of my alter ego speaking, and those are normally the nasty thoughts that runs inside my head everyday.

On a final note: I will not play nice and hide beneath a house of cards build upon lies to get what I want. But if someone out there is stepping on my toes I would recommend an immediate retreat, 'cause I won't hold myself responsible for playing dirty if necessary.

Now not everything today will be based on my rants. I'll leave you with a sneak peek of the Biffy Clyro photos coming up on one of the next few days. Enjoy.



Biffy Clyro

No comments: